I have been checking out different blogs as of late, and thought that while I saw this as part of a giveaway that these are some fun questions just to ponder… so, while I am actually answering them, drop me a line, or post about your holiday wish list for this year.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
To enjoy each others company, and be full of gratitude for all the blessings we have. For the great opportunities we have received as we have lived in Germany- the fun places we have visited, the culture that we have adopted, such blessings!
2. What is one of your Christmas or Chanukah nightly tradition?
On Christmas Eve we always gather up around the tree and read from the Scriptures about the birth of Christ. It is important for our children (and us to remember) the meaning of Christmas is far from that of giving & receiving presents. The gifts are just an added bonus! After we have read, we each get to open up one present that may be already under the tree! Before we send the kids off to bed, we check to see where Santa is flying to see if he is close by!!
3. If you could ask Santa for one wish for yourself, what would it be?
I would ask Santa for enough money to be debt free, as cliché as it sounds, it would help alleviate a tremendous amount of stress in my life!
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
We speak of the meaning of christmas, and enjoy nightly games and hot chocolate! When it gets cold enough for snow, we go out and have family nights playing and enjoying the beautiful winters in Germany!
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
Growing up we played Scrabble, Monopoly, and Sorry! Sorry is now one of our oldest daughters favorite games to play!!
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
The opening of one gift on Christmas Eve!
7. If price wasn’t an option and you could go away for the holidays where would you go?
On a fun family cruise away from the stress and daily grind of everyday life!
Hope that everyone is having a good Holiday Season so far… only 12 days left ‘til Christmas! May your holiday be full of love and laughter!